Do you set new year’s resolutions? I’ve done it for years, and I’ve always failed. Usually it’s the normal stuff, weight loss, take better care of myself, appreciate the small things in life more, keep a journal, blah blah blah. Every year, it’s the same thing. And every year yes, I fail miserably.
This year, I’m going to do something different. Instead of making a vague list of things I want to do but know I’ll never achieve, I’m going to focus on my writing/publishing and make a plan with a timeline.
Here it is so far, subject to change, of course:
- Burning Bright comes out on the 25th
- finish editing Flight and get it out to betas
- finish the end of Harbinger, book three of the Live Once trilogy. It’s about 90 % done already, I just need to finish killing a bunch of people, sacrifice a hero, and tie up lose ends. I already have the outline and everything mapped out, and it’s sweet :).
- work on edits for Flight
- run through Harbinger- send it out to betas
- send Flight out for another round of beta love
- get Harbinger back and edit it, send to another round of betas
- while waiting for those two pieces, commission covers (after figuring out Flight’s final name, of course)
- start the first round of edits to a NA contemporary superhero I wrote during Camp Nano that I’m super excited about. 🙂
That’s it for now 🙂 I have a bunch of other stuff planned, but I’ll wait until I see where I am by the end of May. 🙂
What have you planned for next year?