This notice is for this website; [www.chandastafford.com] owned by Chanda Stafford, respects the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to Chanda Stafford
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically in our newsletter and any cookies our website collects. I’m honestly not sure what cookies are if they’re not peanut butter or chocolate chip, so I wouldn’t know how to use them.
Lawful basis: Consent
- If you signed up for our newsletter, you’re giving us consent to send you awesome deals, news, and great giveaways. If, in the future, we have the ability to sell books from the website, we’ll use your information to send you your books.
- Your email will remain on our newsletter until you unsubscribe. We will not sell, giveaway, share, or barter your information for money, goods, CIA secrets, or a pony.
Lawful basis: Legal obligation (this part only matters if I can eventually open my own online marketplace).
- The reason we use this basis: To pay my taxes correctly.
- We process your information in the following ways: I must maintain a list of clients for tax purposes.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. / We do share your personal information with third parties.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies in how we store, access and manage that information. We use these companies to manage data: Mailchimp and InMotion website hosting
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through Mailchimp.
Subscription time & date
Chanda Stafford also has platforms on the following sites. Liking or linking yourself to the author on these sites might also provide the sites with your information.
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter email
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org